During the Palestinian Genocide of 2023, there was one man who single-handedly, demolished false propaganda, and rendered seasoned journalists, and debaters speechless. He is at least one of the catalysts, or the right term jundullah (the soldier of Allah), that changed public opinion so much, that they now become activists for the Palestinians. His name is Bassem Youssef and Egyptian doctor who had to flee Egypt because he was no longer welcome in Egypt.
Egyptians seem to be involved whenever there is something great. So we decided to look at the top 5 Islamic influencers. They have a substantial following and are creating an impact in the Islamic world at least within the borders of Egypt which is totally unrelated to the featured image of Bassem Youssef. It is the Irony of reality, you spent all your life in Dawaah, and the effort of your entire life could never match the impact of those Allah chose to do his work.
These 5 influencers have a greater impact, in shaping perception and nurturing society in the Arab-speaking world. Bassem Youssef’s stand on the Palestinian genocide is undoubtedly influenced by these 5 people.
1. Sheikh Mohamed Hassan – 2.6 million followers on Facebook: Sheikh Mohamed Hassan stands out as a dynamic Islamic scholar whose influence extends far beyond the confines of traditional religious discourse. With a substantial following on Facebook, Sheikh Hassan employs modern communication channels to convey age-old Islamic wisdom. His captivating lectures touch upon a myriad of topics, ranging from spirituality to contemporary issues.
Sheikh Hassan is not only a voice of authority in matters of faith but also a proponent of interfaith dialogue. His commitment to promoting understanding between communities has positioned him as a bridge-builder in Egypt’s diverse religious landscape. Through his social media presence, Sheikh Mohamed Hassan continues to inspire millions to deepen their understanding of Islam and cultivate a more tolerant and compassionate society.
2. Dr Amr Khaled – 2.4 million followers on Facebook: Dr. Amr Khaled, a charismatic televangelist, has emerged as a household name in Egypt, connecting with millions through his engaging lectures on Islamic values. His ability to convey profound teachings in a relatable manner has garnered him a massive following on social media, particularly on Facebook.
Dr. Khaled’s influence extends beyond the digital realm, as he actively participates in charitable initiatives, embodying the principles he advocates. His commitment to spreading the message of Islam with warmth and accessibility has made him a prominent figure in Egypt’s Islamic landscape, resonating with a diverse audience and contributing to the spiritual well-being of individuals across the nation.
3. Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb – 2.2 million followers on Facebook: Sheikh Ahmed Al-Tayeb, serving as the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, commands immense respect as a leading authority on Islamic law and jurisprudence. His social media following on Facebook attests to his widespread influence. Beyond his scholarly endeavours, Sheikh Al-Tayeb is a dedicated advocate for interfaith dialogue, emphasizing tolerance and coexistence.
His commitment to addressing contemporary challenges facing the Muslim community is reflected in his active participation in global Islamic conferences and events. Sheikh Al-Tayeb’s leadership at Al-Azhar, one of the oldest and most prestigious Islamic institutions, further solidifies his role as a key influencer shaping the religious narrative in Egypt. Through his teachings and initiatives, he continues to guide the Muslim community towards a path of understanding and unity.
4. Sheikh Ali Gomaa – 1.7 million followers on Facebook: Former Grand Mufti of Egypt, Sheikh Ali Gomaa, is a luminary in the realm of Islamic scholarship. With a significant social media presence on Facebook, Sheikh Gomaa imparts insightful lectures and authors influential books on Islamic law and jurisprudence. His commitment to interfaith dialogue and fostering a message of tolerance and coexistence sets him apart as a respected influencer.
Involved in charitable initiatives, Sheikh Gomaa exemplifies the values he advocates, dedicating his life to helping those in need. Through his intellectual contributions and active engagement, Sheikh Ali Gomaa continues to shape the Islamic narrative in Egypt.
5. Sheikh Dr. Mohamed Rateb Nabulsi : Although specific follower counts may not be available, the impact of Sheikh Dr. Mohamed Rateb Nabulsi’s teachings on Islamic ethics and spirituality is widely acknowledged. His emphasis on the practical application of Islamic values in daily life resonates with those seeking a deeper connection with their faith. Sheikh Nabulsi’s influence goes beyond mere numbers, as his thoughtful guidance contributes significantly to the spiritual development of individuals within the Muslim community in Egypt.
There you have it the top 5 Islamic Influencers in Egypt.
Shahfizal Musa is the Founder and Managing Editor of Halalop. He graduated with a Law degree from Thames Valley University London. He is an award-winning journalist covering topics such as human trafficking, Muslim research discoveries, and exceptional Muslims.
Istanbul, where two continents converge, is also the location of several extremely unique Ramadan customs. Ramadan, known in Turkish culture… Read More
Jeddah: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - SAUDIA, the national flag carrier of SaudiArabia, has announced the launch of "Your Ticket… Read More